Our friend and colleague, Prof. Yossie Prashker, has reached this golden age when one retires from his duties at the Technion. To make sure that he remembers his new academic status we must create an unforgettable event. Thus we are organizing this workshop to honor his research and activity in the field of travel demand modeling.
The workshop will focus on advances in modeling approaches, methods and tools in the field of travel demand that support policy making. The full-day program is:
9:30-11:00 Session 1
- The Importance of Reliability in Travel Choice – F. Koppelman, Northwestern, USA
- The Implications of Travel-Based Multi-Tasking for Modeling and Policy: A Conceptual Exploration – G. Circella and P.L. Mokhtarian, UC Davis, USA
- Incorporating Happiness in Mode Choice Models – A. Polydoropoulou, University of the Aegean, Greece
11:00-11:30 Coffee break
11:30-13:00 Session 2
- Destination choice models in the transportation planning process – S. Bekhor, Technion, Israel
- Using smartphone data for travel demand analysis: challenges and opportunities – M. Bierlaire, EPFL, Switzerland
- How to model the gains from infrastructure investment? – C. Zöllig and K.W. Axhausen, ETH, Switzerland
14:15-15:45 Session 3
- Demand forecasting models for High Speed Railways (HSR) – E. Cascetta and P. Coppola, University of Napoli, Italy
- New Integrated Public Transport Fare in Israel – N. Sharaby, Neo Be, and Y. Shiftan, Technion, Israel
- Demand Modeling for Congestion Pricing Analyses – M. Ben-Akiva, MIT, USA
The workshop venue will be the Auditorium at the Grand Water Research Institute at the Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the Technion.
We look forward to seeing you in Haifa at the Technion. Attendance is free of charge but registration is required. Please RSVP by June 13th, to email@example.com
For additional information please contact the local organizing committee.
:The local organizing committee